Guidelines for Announcements before Mass
The following guidelines have been recommended & approved by our Pastoral Staff
for announcements before Mass. Announcements should be sent via email to
email@example.com or given to the Parish Secretary by Thursday at 2 pm.
1. Announcements at the beginning of Mass should be on a one or two week basis.
2. A brief reminder at the beginning of Mass the weekend prior to the event is
appropriate, not to exceed three sentences.
3. Second collections will be announced at the beginning of Mass so that people are
prepared for it.
4. A previously unscheduled event which cannot make it to the bulletin prior to the
date of that event could be made in the announcements at the beginning of Mass
if given to the Parish Secretary by Thursday at 2 pm.
5. Ministry members should not approach the Celebrant before Mass asking for a last
CONTACT – Parish Secretary at the Parish Office 302-653-8279
or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Policy Dated – July 14th, 2017