PARISH AND FAMILY LIFE
A vibrant and supportive parish life and family life are important elements in living the gospel life of Jesus. The Lord was born in a family and nurtured in a family. The Lord reached out and called disciples to be a community of faith that included celebrations, prayer and eating at tables. Parish family life should help to bring together the parish family; provide support and enrichment to the parents and family of the parish community; reach out to the wider community; welcome newcomers.
This group encourages family and parish activities that strengthen Christian community, fostering a sense of belonging among all members of the parish. Some areas of focus for this committee are:
- Assessing the needs of, and recommending programs for various groups in the parish
- Develop and coordinate a good parish social life program. This program should be based on promoting values of the parish family and our Catholic faith.
- Providing for periodic updating of the parish census through the office staff and ministries.
- Coordinate the Parish website & social media.
- Guiding the community in reaching out and welcoming new members.
- Providing a based support system for those in need.
- Fostering a spirit of prayer and concern in the community for one another.
Future goals of the committee would be to develop a calendar of parish social events; promote marriage programs, develop strategies of evangelizing parishioners and reaching out to inactive Catholics. Distant future goals include youth activities, an arts and crafts group that would make items (lapghans, leg warmers, hats) for the shut-ins and those in assisted living & a family oriented garden walk.
The possibilities for this committee are endless, but support from all parishioners would be needed.
For more information contact Kendra Friel at 302-354-3902 or email@example.com.
Meetings are held monthly on the 3rd Thursday in Room 4.